Wednesday, July 15, 2020

July 15, Shiloh and the Ball

Got up a bit earlier today to get going on this one! And I had to re-set the eyes once or twice- it is really important to get them in the right place or it just doesn't feel like the same animal. That's where portraits are different from a painting of a dog. I want to make sure I'm getting the actual dog and not just any dog. I want it to look like YOUR dog!
So this is Shiloh!
I had to paint the entire dog and the ball too~ it was just so necessary to the composition.
And here's what Karyl wrote about her!

Shiloh is a rescue pup from Kentucky — she found her forever home with us six years ago. She loves the summer months because she can eat the zinnias in my garden, which are apparently delicious! We can tell Shiloh loves us and we love having her in our pack!

8x10 acrylic on wood
spoken for!


1 comment:

Karyl not Carol said...

Oh, Kat! This is amazing! We'll put it in a place of honor in our home! Thank you, thank you!
Karyl and Byron (and Shiloh)