Wednesday, January 8, 2020

1/8 At The Dog Beach

This is another big one- fun to get those out!

Bingo was my puppy-est dog I had in my young adulthood, through my first marriage and divorce. He was also the first dog I took to training and I always felt we had a special bond because of that.  We went to the dog park on the Mississippi River a lot, the one past Minnehaha Falls- that's where this painting comes from. He was sniffling and snorting along the beach near some driftwood. The abstract quality of the strokes and the color combinations drew me in. I especially love that curl of his tail...

He was really great, and he is the black dog that taught me how to paint black dogs. He lived until Max was three, when he grew old kinda fast and all his systems started shutting down. But he was such a happy, shy, elegant, goofy dog!

48x72 acrylic on canvas
$3500

No comments: