Sunday, September 29, 2019

9/29 Blessing of the Animals

So we spent yesterday morning at Breck for the Blessing of the Animals event before the Homecoming celebration~ and I was so lucky to be joined by my friend and colleague, Carol Grams, as well as a talented and eager group of four upper school students and one of my elementary students who all sat and drew people's pets for them.  Duane and Max and Lucas, our intrepid neighbor, came with Duane's dragon and performed with it for anyone who wanted to interact with it.
I was SO happy so many students came to help us draw!
And it was really chilly, so I was pleased to be able to stop by 11:30!  Last year, I had such a line at the end that I didn't leave til after noon.  It was really cold as well, and I had one family who'd been waiting and so I brought them inside to do the last painting.
This year wasn't quite that hard!

9x12 acrylic on paper

No comments: