Wednesday, July 17, 2019

July 17, Keti!

I loved painting Keti!  This was an early photo of this pup, I think, and slightly blurry and so a bit of imagining to fit some bits in, but those eyes!  It is the eyes that make the painting work, really.  That's why I tend to paint them last. And in my years of experience, I've also learned that less is more, especially when it comes to dogs' eyes.  They don't need as much paint as you think. And you need to look closely and see the color there, not the color you think is there!
Here's what Amy says about Keti!
"When I named Keti, I thought it meant “cow” in Swahili. Turns out it means “cricket”- which is also fitting since she likes to jump on visitors and family alike! Keti has been a part of our lives for over a decade and is an avid protector and snuggler. "

10x10 acrylic on wood
spoken for!

No comments: