Wednesday, September 5, 2018

September 5, Tiny Otter from 1980

I found one of my really old sketchbooks, and a few pieces of work from eighth grade and high school... interesting to me.  Not sure how interesting to YOU...

Notice I was still signing myself as KATHY...  that just never seemed to be my name to me... but I didn't know how else to ask people to call me.
This is ink, using that calligraphy set an aunt gave me for Christmas one year.  Thank you!  I don't remember who it was, but I do think it gave me a new appreciation for line.  You can see I'm trying to suggest the fur, and getting that lovely big eye.  I used chalk pastels to color this in.  Still have those too...

1 comment:

Sandy Graeser Haynes said...

This is ADORABLE. So glad you kept it.
My start in art was very young, too.
As teachers we know that process well, and see how transformative it can be😘