Wednesday, September 26, 2018

September 26th, Blessed Animals!

Saturday we had our Annual Blessing of the Animals at Breck, where our students and their families bring their pets (stuffed animals too) in to be blessed by our chaplains, and I started the tradition four or five years ago of sketching their animals for them, along with Carol Grams, my fellow lower school art teacher.  It is part of the Homecoming festivities,  and it is a hoot!  We ask for donations for our local humane society for every sketch, and then we sit down and draw for two hours straight!  Kids line up with dogs and teddies-  we had a quarterhorse this year, and I drew a guinea pig and lots of stuffies too~  these are just a few of those~
And I'm surprised at how freaking BLUE they all are!  I mean, I did paint their backgrounds mostly in pthalo blue/green shade, but jeepers...

And Duane and Max and I performed our "Waterways and Otterways" Puppet Show-  I need to get someone to videotape it...






No comments: