Wednesday, October 11, 2017

October 11, pics from THIS Past Weekend! Dave Gilsvik's class!

So mom and I went up to Two Harbors, MN, this past Friday eve to take a Plein Air Painting class from David Gilsvik, a Minnesota Painter whose work we both admire (and own) and who I've been wanting to take a class from since I first saw his paintings~ and he's been teaching for a couple years now, through the Art Colony, and we were finally able to take his class this past weekend!  Yay!
Dave sets up for his first demo under the tarp- it's a bit English outside...

Dave sketching in his first demo.

My first attempt~ a river that diverts into a creek~

Here's what I ended up with...

My equipment~ love that basket!  It's amazing what you can cram into a basket~

A few sketches done by the creek...

I think this is upside down...

Working just past the awesome earth and wood bridge~

You can see it better in this- there's a wood structure holding the earth back with a short bridge across the top~  I love this creek!
And this one is up for auction! I haven't had one in a while~  a view of the creek with the incredibly brown water~  love it!
5x7 acrylic on wood
$25 auction, click here to bid!  And probably WIN!

No comments: