Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday, August 5th

I am up, organizing paintings and making labels for another pile of dogs who will be hanging at the Sherburne County Government Center from tomorrow til Septmber 16, so if you are up in Elk River and happen to have business at the Government Center (spontaneous wedding, registering a new car, something happy I hope!)  take a look around because you will see my dogs and my mom, Rita Corrigan's pastel landscape paintings from her recent trip to Croatia with my sisters, Beaner and Belle.  Really, someone else in my family has to start a blog too so we can cross-reference one another...

Jamison
Starlee

And I spent today sketching MILLIONS (okay it only seemed that way!) of dogs over on Grand Ave for Paws on Grand and here are a few of the images I managed to complete-  Tracie Thompson was my partner sketcher, sitting next to me, and we realized we had been following each other's blogs!  She was incredibly kind as well as talented and let me share her watercolors and brushes which made my paintings go a bit quicker!  It was great!  She also owns her own HORSE which of course has left me in awe...
Moe, the Boss Cat at Cedar Pet Clinic
AND I had an absolute GAS at Cedar Pet Clinic yesterday-  the owners, Peg and Dr Bailie were incredibly hospitable, serving bundt cake (delicious!!!) and lemonade and greeting guests as they came in.  It was really very sweet and I felt like a star!  It was only when I looked up their write up for the event in their newsletter that I realized I had agreed to do a painting demo for them!  Darn it~  I do try to remember everything, and somedays there's just too much going on~  not that I would have had time for a demo anyway, with all the chatting I go to do!

No comments: