Sunday, July 4, 2010

2nd on the 4th! Gurdy!

Struggling with color on little Gurdy here... beautiful dog! And the lighting and the collar and those eyes...
Something about a dog's eyebrows as well, seem indicative of their personality somewhat. Gurdy's are flexible and obvious...
Of course, she... wait, I am assuming she's a she... darn this not knowing~ but I think she's got a good sense of humor, from observing the smaller painting I did as a study.
I just thought the exaggerated facial expression on this wouldn't be as believeable as a painting. It works well as a photo, and shows the fun personality of the dog, but as a painting, I think it's a little goofy...











1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this one. Very difficult to capture a yawn and you still made it sweet and not vicious.
Jill