Thursday, October 11, 2018

10/11 Snow Shy Otter

Hmmm...  this one I decided to paint on an ungessoed panel, so the brown could come through, but you don't really see it. Except maybe by her tail.  I like it, though I'm not sure I got the face to the point I wanted it.  It's really hard when they are facing away from you, because you have to suggest the eyebrow ridge, and the nose indentation, and where the fur changes color on her throat. 
And darn it!  The photo has some glare where her head is-  it's actually darker there- on her fur I mean. 
I am very happy with the shiny color of her coat, and that back webbed foot, and the fun color of the snow to the top left...
It is just so much fun to PAINT!!
I wish I had more time in the day to do it!  This is the only thing I was able to paint today~
Ah well~

6x6 acrylic on wood
$75

No comments: