Sunday, May 5, 2024

May 5, Happy Mayday! Good Day Sunshine!

My family falls more into the pagan category than any other, or perhaps the religion celebrated by puppets and pageantry. Whatever that one would be- though we have all been baptized into Catholicism, and that's the rhetoric I most closely understand, and those are the prayers I repeat under my breath when I'm hoping hard that something will come true-

So today is our celebration of Mayday, the celebration of spring and the return of the sun! We will all be on the Sun Flotilla as it paddles across Powderhorn Lake, wearing red and blowing conch horns while we bring the sun back to the earth.

It is just so gorgeous here in Minnesota right now! The light through the budding trees is delicate, sparkly, and so luminous you can almost taste it~ after such a dry long winter, to have so much green and moisture is truly a gift.

I had a fantastic painting class yesterday! SO great to spend time in my studio with other painters!

I'll be offering several One-Day Paint-Your-Pet classes coming up in early June, so stay tuned for that and come join me! I'll post that info later this week~

This is a landscape painting I started as a demo~ love that morning sun! On the point in Grand Marais~

 

20x10 acrylic on canvas
$400

No comments: