Friday, September 10, 2021

September 10th, Timothy Shortbread and the Poles

 You may realize any now, if you read this blog, that I love Grand Marais and would love to live up there someday. I do have friends up there, and one of them is Kristofer Bowman who owns Upstate Mn, the most original little store I have ever experienced. When you are up there, you have to stop in and say hi and then Kristofer will be YOUR friend too!

We've bought so many awesome things there- tiny wooden bowls, a massive pair of sharp handmade shears that Duane uses all the time, and some of my favorite jewelry.  I just bought a new necklace from him, made by Lakestone, I think, using actual Lake Superior stones and I love it~I'll show you sometime!

Anyway, Kristofer lives out in the wilderness a bit, and has this friend who comes by often, and he posts photos of his friend on Instagram, and I've asked permission to paint this friend and Kristofer said yes, so this is Timothy Shortbread!

20x16 acrylic on canvas
$700


No comments: