Wednesday, September 24, 2014

September 24, "Seeking Approval"

This is the painting of Gus I did last week for the Minnesota Artists' Association demo at the Bloomington Art Center, and I went back into and popped it just s bit.  Last night I was working on a few commissions and one is a rather blurry landscape with a child in it, and it is odd how tricky it is making things look soft and fuzzy when I'd rather make edges sharp.  One thing I love about being a teacher is you are constantly looking at things in a new way, and always looking at how to explain or do something differently.  I couldn't be the artist I am today without also being a teacher.  I need to experiment and try new ideas to keep pushing that creative edge...

I'll post the fuzzy landscape after it's been delivered!
This one is an 8x8 acrylic on panel, buy it now for $130 or start bidding for it at $50!  What a deal!

No comments: