Monday, January 27, 2014

Cedar Lake, January Morning

I've been re-reading my Collected Works of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle which I've had since high school, and just LOVING it, and then sitting up on Sunday nights to watch the new PBS version~  if you haven't seen it, you MUST!  This is a younger Holmes with a sense of humor and a cell phone…  really fun to see how it all gets retranslated into our current social world!
And part of what I love about Sherlock is his power of observation, which should be the super-power of every artist!  To know what you are drawing or painting, you need to observe it closely-  REALLY look at it and see all the details and nuances!    Even if you are observing the aftermath in a photo, like these little lake paintings I've been doing lately-  I have to take the photo as I rush by but then I can look closely at what I've captured…
I am having such fun with this simple palette, as well!  And keeping the blue separate from the yellow so I don't end up with a green sky…
SUCH fun!  You can click HERE to bid or buy!  6x6 acrylic on panel ready to hang, starts at $25, buy it for $65!

No comments: