Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday, Feb 18th! HAPPY PRESIDENT'S DAY!

Or is it "Presidents' Day"?  At any rate, I am still pretty happy with the one we've got!  And I also had a little revelation today, after watching "Downtown Abbey" last night...  My little epiphany was somewhat presented in Bates watching Anna dance the reel, which noone knew she could do, and she'd been practicing with Rose, the titled daughter of the house, and Mary, the Duchess I suppose? said "Isn't she MARVELOUS?" and Bates just looked at her, with this love, and this appreciation for the risk she took to reveal this part of herself to him, that he knew what she had had to ask, this wasn't easy stuff, she couldn't just go take lessons down the street... and he said, "Yes, she is marvelous."  okay so THAT already had me in tears, and THEN Mr Borrow taking the hit for drunken, winning Jimmy, and JIMMY coming to him and saying, "I can't give you what you want" but then they can become friends, and Jimmy starts by being totally normal and reading the paper for him, with his damaged face and that is enough.
BUT when I saw Matthew, deliriously happy, driving away, I think it was that stretch of suggested road that made me cringe.  Damnit.  If he were driving up to the Abbey itself, that would be another story.
And I slept poorly last night.
What I feel like I learned, is to always tell those you love, that you LOVE them, and that if they are DRIVING,  then worry the HELL about them until they get home!
Dadgum it all!
Tho I have to admit, that the fact I was still thinking about Matthew's death, and what will they do now, makes that decision, on the part of the writers, a very wise one....
damn.
Anyway, here is a cat I painted today...

This is my friend Kelly Lyles cat, out in Seattle-  I took the pic last August, when I got the chance to see her incredibly awesome house while my son took a nap in the car and Duane stood guard...  I better know that this is her cat...
I kinda like this painting...
Feels like a goooooooooood start...

1 comment:

Diane Irvine Armitage said...

Wonderful! I love the bright green background and the cat's face is very expressive. A nice preview for the 30 days of kitties in March!