Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday January 30, 2011

Whew~ another one of those long weekends, so that I feel like this going back to work tomorrow will be a break!  I've been painting in preparation for a few shows and opps coming up (not OOPS;  OPPS!) and feel like I'm kinda getting my grove back~

We are hopefully getting Duane's house on the market this week (and if you know us well, you know what a struggle THAT has been, and you've probably been over helping, so THANK YOU!) and he's actually over there right now clearing stuff up for the Truth In Housing Inspection tomorrow morning that my uncle Dick (who is in town from Baltimore because my 97 year old grama isn't doing well, and he just had dinner with us) said is unique to MN, lucky us.  It does feel like a ridiculous bunch of hoops to have to jump through, and we KNOW we aren't going to walk away from this house without damage, but I really appreciate Duane wanting to do it RIGHT and not just say "screw it".  Though I have to admit there are many (MANY) times that I feel like saying "SCREW IT!" at the top of my lungs.  I'm just sitting here, trying to focus on being grateful for all the glory in my life, and trying to keep the worrying at bay, because I do NOT know what is going to happen and if I keep looking at all the "what if?s"  my life will be full of a bunch of negative crap I have no control over and I'll be depressed and crabby and make my reality a hell.  SO I am choosing to be Pollyanna-ish and just hope for the best and keep foraging ahead.

Yup, that's it in a very large nutshell.

And this is my cat Toby...
he was my solace and comfort from my first apartment on my own to the first house my ex-husband and I owned.  I loved him a lot.

No comments: