Wednesday, February 5, 2020

2/5/2020. Fawn in Grasses

Hmmm.  I watched a PBS show about a UK couple who buy a 150 year old French estate instead of the state address. Here's a link- it's pretty fun, actually!  Escape to the Chapeau is what it's called~ always been a bit of a fantasy of mine too, though I do at times find myself thinking that our crumbling 110 year old house is a bit much...
And today I've been feeling a bit helpless about the wreckage in the Whitehouse.  I almost typed "Whitehearse"....
But I'm not going there~ not today!  The sun is shining in Minnesota. And here's a fawn for you!
I had so much fun painting this one- getting those tawny shadows and colors right, and the negative space, and how much of a riot of flowers to include-

Wahoo!
I can't wait to start painting your cats!  Keep sending those photos!  I haven't made up my mind just yet!
6x6 acrylic on wood
$75

No comments: