Friday, April 5, 2019

4/5 Gideon the African Grey

So... I just couldn't NOT paint this one.
Some creatures just call to me. And parrots are one of my secret loves.  I'd love to get another one someday~
Here is Gideon's story~ and a link to the farm he is lucky enough to live on!

Gideon.... one of the joys of a small town is that everyone knows everyone else!  

A gentleman from about two hours south was looking to re-home his african grey parrot. A friend of his knew of my farm and suggested I may be interested.  

At first I declined- I've never had a large bird and though I've always wanted one, I didn't feel the timing was right.  

The universe didn't care what I thought the timing was. 

Then Scott looked at our farm Facebook page, read all the reviews about the care my critters get and decided I would be the one to take on his precious friend.  

Scott brought Gideon up for me to "meet" and it was love at first sight.  

Did I mention he came with a tortoise? Yea... he lives in my coffee table 🙄
6x6 acrylic on wood
$85 

No comments: