Wednesday, August 22, 2018

August 22, Abstract Birch

I really enjoy the strokes on this one- there's a freedom in painting the spaces around things- it was painted plein air as well, though I wasn't being a stickler for detail, which I think is a bit obvious!
I am enjoying the cooler Minnesota weather as well!  We actually had our new gas fireplace on for an hour this morning, which is just SUCH a delight!  I put a gas fireplace into my old house and loved the warmth and coziness of that glow, and I am looking forward to enjoying this one this fall and winter!  Hmm, possibly there will be paintings of that, I imagine.
Oh and I'll be taking the 30 Dogs down at the end of next week, and installing a selection of Sketchbooks from Duane!  Stay tuned!

6x6 acrylic on wood
$55
not all are priced this low! 

No comments: