Thursday, May 11, 2017

May 11, Bruin Perch

Thank you so much all of you lovely people who sent me responses to my work!  Wow~ sometimes painting can be a bit lonely, and you do wonder if anyone is actually looking at your work or not~
I'm in Grand Marais, MN this week with my mom, for our annual Painting Retreat at the Art Colony~ (by the way, I'm teaching a class here in June if you want to join me!  More info HERE)

 I couldn't sleep this morning because the sun got in bed with me at 5:30, so I went for a short jog to check out the beaver lodge and the Artist's Point (chilly at 44 degrees) and came back and painted a bear.  I never really know what I'm going to paint when I come up, but bears do seem to be relevant to me at the moment.  This one has a slight grin as she balances on the log and rock, her nostrils open wide to the breeze and scent of spring~

8x10 acrylic on wood, $175 click HERE to own this dramatic piece~  
Free Shipping!

No comments: