Saturday, June 21, 2014

June 21, "Duluth Terrapin"

So we stopped at the Duluth Aquarium on our way up yesterday because I wanted to see the otters, but I don't think it's the best place to see them unfortunately...  however there are some other pretty darn cool creatures there!  I am up in Grand Marais at the Art Colony painting with Liz Sivertson and am looking through my images for inspiration. Tricky.  I painted a couple otters today, starting with this turtle and a Max.  I really do want to get better at people.  We are tricky subjects...  Max took this photo of himself with my i-phone on the ride up-  I was letting him play some games on it because he'd been mostly good and this series of selfies was a little surprise for me!  Ain't he sweet?  So the perspective is a bit scewed but I like the gaze... I'll try more later, with a blue/green ground.  And it is funny how the beginning of a class can still set me on edge and make me feel like I don't know what I'm doing, which I suppose is the point in trying to learn... make yourself a little bit uncomfortable and you'll step out of your habits...
Anyway, a turtle~
6x6 acrylic on panel, auction starts at $25, click here to bid!

Maxie Selfie 1

No comments: