Monday, November 30, 2020

Nov 30, Nostalgia Can Be Home, Too...

This is a painting from several years ago when we went on a trip to Ireland with my mom and dad and both my sisters met us in Dublin. I painted a whole series from those photos and this is from the castle we stayed at on Dad's birthday, March 22, and it was Ashford Castle. And this is one of the urns out in front- it was an amazing trip- there were horses and falcons, and mom and dad stayed up late the night of his birthday, dancing and talking to people and listening to music.

Really amazing- 

So there's a bit of home right there!  And I'd thought I'd lost this painting, as it had fallen behind and under our printer...

Whew! Oh and now HOMEvember is over, I'll be making another donation to Simpson's for us!  And if you are hoping for a holiday Pet Portrait for you or someone else, let me know soon and I'll get it done for you in time for Christmas!  Wahoo!

8x10 acrylic on wood
NFS


No comments: