Monday, May 25, 2020

3/25 Moody Blues

I missed a couple days there- got sucked up in "relaxin'" and in sewing a new pair of pants, "trousers" says my sis who lived in Britain for quite a time...  I also made a couple more masks using one layer of cotton and two layers of silk- these are a bit more comfy than I'd expected and I can wear them for longer too.  The trousers are not quite what I had been hoping... it's my 4th pair that I've made from the Arenite Pants Pattern I got on-line from Instagrammer Sew Liberated- I made a black linen pair, a blue linen pair, a black silk pair, and the ones I just finished are a cotton/silk blend that appears to be a little stiffer than I'd wanted. And somehow on me they aren't high-waisted... I modify the pockets too because I want them deeper~ I love pockets...
And here is another version of that lovely lake I love so well- I'm really grooving on the grey right now.  I was over at the studio earlier and it was raining (kinda like now) and I could hear it on the roof because my studio is on the top floor and it was just so cozy, comfy, quiet, calm, and that's the color I'm going for here...
6x12 acrylic on canvas
$145


And here's my newest pants...

and here's my blue linen ones- with an antler button on the pocket!
I put belt loops on this pair, and they look good with a belt~ I helped dig a pole out yesterday in my black linen ones...




No comments: