Sunday, January 5, 2020

1/5 Babe At The Holidays

I've been cleaning up the studio, pulling out some of my larger paintings to submit to Corporate Art Force's call for art for the convention center.  I've loved having some of my big Minnesota Mammal paintings there for the past 6 months, and I'm hoping some of the ones from "My AutobiDOGraphy" series (started in 2010) will be able to hang there too.  This is one that I've touched up a bit, of my crazy dog Babe that I got at the St Paul Animal Shelter in 1991 to accompany me on my first teaching job in Brown's Valley, MN. She was a Boston terrier/chiuahua mix, we think, and she looked like a Tasmanian devil/Fruit bat combo... brindled red and black fur, big eyes, jowls that were always dripping with dog food chunks.
She was great and terrible.
I loved her.
She pinned my cat Toby down and sucked on his head until he had a mohawk...
30x42 acrylic on wood

No comments: