Saturday, March 16, 2019

3/16 Kitaro for Michaela

This is a special cat~ and this is a piece Michaela wrote about Kitaro~

The house has been so lonely without Kitaro. Sure, there is lots of activity, what with Anna, Uryuu and Opal, but there is a giant void. 

He would always come running when I kicked the leg support out on the couch. He couldn't wait to nap on my lap while I was napping. He would sometimes decide he was done with my lap and force me out of my spot so that he could sleep there. Of course I usually let him. 

He was wicked smart. He loved to play fetch and when the mouse landed somewhere unexpected, he would search and search until he found it. It could be as long as five minutes. 

He was always calm when Uryuu scruffed him. He would relax and twist out of it. He almost always won the tussles that they had. 

He he was the best big brother a kitten could have. He was so excited when Opal moved in. He played with her very gently from the start. He also made sure the Uryuu didn't hurt her. Opal misses him something fearce. 

He very rarely meowed. We expected a Siamese to be talking all the time. When he did speak up, you knew he had something important to say. 

It also felt very much that he was here for a purpose. In hind sight, I think that purpose was my transition. Almost immediately after I admitted that I was transgender, he started kneading my belly. He NEVER did that before. He continued doing it through his illness. I seemed to have been happy that I was now his mommy. Once he was confident that I was solidly on my path, it was time for him to move on. He was only with us for 8 years. 



8x10 acrylic on wood
$240
spoken for~

No comments: