Tuesday, September 11, 2018

9/11/2018 Woofstock Dog

The day on Saturday started nicely enough, and the weather was lovely, and we saw a friend walking her dog as we drove through Uptown, but once we got to 43rd and Upton it got a bit more complicated.  There seemed to be no way to drive in and set up our tent, so Duane went to ask, and found we should drive around to the other end of the block. Upon doing that, we found more traffic and confusion, and it looked like there was no way to drive in because there were still cars parked along the street-
Now, I am usually game enough for anything, but I had twisted my back loading the car, and the thought of having to lug all of our stuff to our spot was daunting.  We'd been told we'd be able to unload from the car directly to our spot, so we hadn't brought a cart.
Thank god for Duane and Max because they were totally up for it, so we found out where we were (car still parked next to us...) and set up the tent and all!  And I forgot my phone at home, so Duane went off to get that, while Maxie stayed with me, and actually spent most of his time exploring the Wild Rumpus bookstore with all their pets!  I think he was in love!
So I passed out a lot of business cards, and did several "20 Bucks/20 Minutes" portraits, just to make sure I had something to do and made a little money. Here's a couple of those~

The idea is that you have to come ask me about this and I only do a few per show, if it seems I have the time.  The animal I am painting has to be in front of me, and I have to take the photo of them, and then you pay me 20 bucks and I spend 20 minutes painting a quick portrait on black paper.
That's it!  
Good experience for me, keep my drawing hand in, and you might get something you like!
When I do these, I'll mention it in the newsletter/mailchimp I send out~
Just so's you know!

No comments: