Tuesday, July 3, 2018

July 3, Scout, for Rachel

This was a wonderful challenge to paint- the shapes of dogs' muzzles are curvy in places you don't always notice until you are attempting to draw and paint them...
Scout has that multi-colored fur that can require many layers of paint to get the effect you are looking for- and here's what Scout's owner, Rachel, says about her~

"I learned about your 30 dogs in 30 days challenge from my friend Brian Fewell. I think this would be a wonderful way to memorialize our dog Scout. She passed away this spring at 14.5 years. We adopted her from Paws and Claws when she was 12 weeks old, and she was definitely a once in a life time pet. She is survived by my husband and I (mom and dad), 3 human brothers (13, 10, and 8) and 2 fur brothers. We are still trying to get used to life without her."

8x10 acrylic on panel

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Thank you so much! We are so happy to have this tribute to our girl.