Monday, July 23, 2018

July 23, Rex for Philla!

I've juggled the list a bit- Rex has gotten tossed around a little and I decided to do him today because the photo of Henry the wonder dog was a bit blurrier than I'd realized and his sunglasses are on crooked, and I think that one might be better as a later painting in a much more improvised style...
Besides, I felt like painting a black dog after all those fluffy white ones!

Here's what his owner, Philla, an amazing artist on the East coast, says about this creature~

Rex was a wonderful poodle! He lived for over 14 years and was much beloved by my three kids, Austin, Danny and Adelaide. He loved to leap about and actually would bounce very high up when especially excited. As a young dog he would chase deer in the fields near us and was an incredibly elegant sight to behold. When my sons had friends over playing frisbee or the like Rex would get the frisbee and then no one, absolutely no one could catch him. 

He seemed to have supernatural powers: when I would be cleaning the dishes all of a sudden I pick up a plate with a stray bit of steak on it and think to myself should I give this to Rex and his head would snap up and he would stare at me. I swear he could read my mind!


8x8 acrylic on wood
$192

No comments: