Sunday, July 15, 2018

July 15, Mabel!

This is Mabel!  And what a lovely face she has! I was working on her today at the Grand Marais Art Festival, and getting constantly interrupted and then we had a quick twenty minute gullywasher right at the end of the day when there was about half an hour left and then everything was wet and we had to pack it all up- so I've just come back from listening to Liz Siverston's band The Splintertones out at the Skyport Lounge (we had to go!  It's practically church up here!!!) and have been sitting at our picnic table with the lake lapping in the background, painting up Mabel and now posting for you!  Yay!  What a day!
And here is what Amber says about her Mabel~

"Mabel is a rescue dog from Iowa.  I first welcomed her into my home during my final years of psychiatric residency and we've been inseparable every since. She served as my main companion when we moved back to MN together in 2016 and has become a loyal, loving, and important member of my family.  She is vivacious, affectionate, goofy, territorial, and exudes of sweetness.  She loves being outside, twirling, getting treats, head scratches and belly rubs, as well as rolling around in anything smelly.  Mabel also loves it when my boyfriend and I make up and perform songs about her during our daily walks around Northfield."


8x8 acrylic on wood

No comments: