Thursday, July 12, 2018

July 12, Oliver!

One of my first dogs was a cocker spaniel mix.  We loved Smokey~  he was just a sweet natured small dog who smelled like brussel sprouts.  Then when I was a young adult in a serious relationship, we adopted Jojo, who was an English Cocker Spaniel, with those giant brown paws and brown eyebrows and a scraggly black coat. I think he had been seriously abused before I found him, because he was skinny and scruffy and he never barked the entire time I loved him. After just four years, he developed mouth cancer and the tumor was so huge, we couldn't save him. That is still one of the saddest days of my life, the day we had to say goodbye to him. Sometimes I still feel his presence, just under my chair...
SO when I saw Oliver's face in my inbox, I had to paint him.
I know you don't blame me!
Here's what his owner, Marie, said about him~
This is my sweet Oliver, age 15.  He suffers from heart failure but is the sweetest guy ever.  He came to me as a stray at age around 10 months.

8x8 acrylic on panel
$192

No comments: