Wednesday, June 13, 2018

June 13, Redo of Beatriz

This is one of those commissions that brought a bit of "Oh NO!" to it!  I was SO happy to paint Beatriz, and I just grooved through her face, and the fun abstraction of the background and all, loving the SHINE of that beautiful dark coat!  And then I sent the image to her owner, who responded with a short note, "she was brown"-
AAAAAAAAAA!
So I was terrified I'd messed it all up and I sent him a note immediately, apologizing and saying is there anything correct about the painting, can I redo it? And then he responded in more detail, saying he'd been traveling with friends and couldn't communicate long for that first blurb, but that yes, I'd captured everything about her EXCEPT that she was a Chocolate Lab and not a Black Lab!


SO I am hoping that THIS one reads more chocolate....
I'm sending her off today, so cross your fingers!

No comments: