Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Sunshine on Minnehaha Creek

This is the biggest one I've painted in a while, 30x40~  makes me want to paint more big ones~  I could fall into this one. It's from a photo I took with Maxie last spring along the creek, near Nokomis Ave and Minnehaha Parkway... there's a lovely bridge there, and I was drawn in by the reflections, of course. There's that trick of trying to paint something in front of you, looking closely but not too closely... looking and keeping your brain from taking over, letting your eyes see and translate what they are seeing into paint, without your brain jumping in and saying things like, " YOU CAN'T DO THAT! WaTER ISN'T PINK!" and such helpful notes such as that. A lot of painting is learning to let go and follow the flow. Making the time for that to happen is really important too. And it takes YEARs to learn how to do that! Which is why it is still annoying to sit and paint in public and get an awesome painting done within an hour, and have someone ask how much that would be, and when it is a price that is more than they expect, they don't understand that it is the experience of painting every day that makes such output possible.
Believe me... every painting doesn't work out!

30x40 acrylic on canvas

$2400


again, I am always delighted to accept payments!
Wahoo!

No comments: