Monday, May 28, 2018

May 28, Nokomis Small Beach

So I took the boys to the lake on Saturday afternoon, and it was crowded and active and I had to get wet too, of course, and then Max lost my phone because he pulled everything out of my basket before I'd found a place to sit down and scattered it somewhere on the sidewalk and a very nice gentleman and his sweetie found it and he approached me as I was frantically picking up garbage looking for it and said, "I recognize the boy you are with but not the man so I think this is your phone!" referring to the home page photo of Max and Duane in England last year~  maybe I should replace that image with a more current one of the three of us...
Anyway, I wanted to paint water but it was infested with people, so I turned a little sideways and painted the lovely shaggy reeds at the end of the beach.
It's always a lovely place to be, especially for this weekend of unusually hot weather here- and we always run into friends too- a couple came by and we talked about how lucky we are to have lakes and beaches like this, so close by, that we can just drop by and paddle about a bit and then head home!
I love city lakes!

5x7 acrylic on wood
$58

No comments: