Thursday, May 24, 2018

5/24 Superior And Rocks #1

This is one of three plein air pieces I painted in Grand Marais. Both my sister and my best friend were NAGGING me, yes, there's no other word for it, absolutely NAGGING me to get outside and go paint. I was in the middle of "Evening Rush Hour" while they were badgering me, and I have to admit, I DID talk a lot about wanting to get out and paint the water in person. And I had been whining about wanting to go back and paint the tiny creek (is it a CRICK then?) near our BnB, so I guess they were justified in pushing me.
SO I gathered my sta-wet pallet and a water cup with brushes and an 8x8 and two 8x10 panels and trotted off to meet Beaner by the Angry Trout, and painted one piece that really didn't work. Then I went and searched out Jill where she'd been drawing the trees on the rocks near the campground, opposite side of the bay to the lighthouse, where I really don't remember ever being.  Though I HAD to have climbed up on the rocks some of the many times we stayed in the camper on a trip...
Anyway, this was fun.

8x10 acrylic on wood
$160


No comments: