Thursday, April 26, 2018

April 25, A Black Bear Behind

I'm trying to clean up my photos on my laptop because I think it's making it incredibly slow, and I have to admit I probably keep WAY too many photos on it, but I just can't seem to delete some of the adorable ones of Maxie as a baby, or the videos either...
And now my computer has updated to the newest thingies and I can't get my photos tool to do what I want.  Man!
This is a black bear from a series Duane took at the Minnesota Zoo in 2013, when all three were clowning around on the snags in their enclosure, and I just love the posture of the feet in this one! And how you can tell where he's looking by the position of those ears~  I painted this one on a 9x12 panel, without gesso-ing it black first, just to see if I could get the darks I prefer using just paint-  I'll be varnishing it to seal it, and I have to say, I kinda like it!

9x12 acrylic on wood
$243

No comments: