Friday, March 30, 2018

March 30, Peewee!

This is our beloved pet hamster, Peewee, who was with us for far too short of a time. She was Max's favorite ever, and was incredibly affectionate and fearless, riding contentedly around on his shoulder and hanging out with us on the kitchen table while we did homework or I painted. She'd nibble on a chunk of mandarin orange or a sunflower seed. She was blessed twice in the fall, once at the Blessing of the Animals at Breck, and again by our favorite Fr. Paul at my sister's house blessing. So I guess we should believe she is in hamster heaven~
Love those bright, bright eyes...


6x6 acrylic on wood
Max's Birthday Present

And I should mention that this mostly concludes my "30 Cats and Friends in 30 Days" project for March of 2018!  wahoo!  
Thanks for following!  And I've learned a lot again- I think I learned even more about mixing grey- especially above in Peewee, and from Simmie's black fur, and all the way back to those earlier paintings of this month.  I will be going back into a few of these paintings before I hang them all at Diamond's next weekend, for the exhibition.  Do please consider yourself invited to the "30 Cats & Friends" Celebration Party on Thursday April 12th!  6-8 pm at Diamond's Coffee Shoppe, 1618 Central Ave NE!

Oh and I'll also mention that I have Spring Painting Lessons starting the following week, with TWO possible times~ either on Thursday Evenings 6-8:30 (starts April 19th) OR Saturday mornings 9:30-noon starting April 21~
Click on this link for more info, or reply to this to ask any other questions!
SaveSave

No comments: