Saturday, March 3, 2018

March 3, Momma Cat

This one belongs to Terri!  Sometimes it is really fun to re-crop an image.  Terri sent me a larger photo, and for this project I often crop in close to the face of the cat because I can paint a head quicker than a whole body arrangement, so I chose to rearrange the composition.  I like it this way, off center~  and those eyes!

And thanks everyone who came to our Art4Shelter Painting Party last night!  That was GREAT!  And if anyone is interested in meeting me today at Groveland Gallery to see the last day of Mike Lynch's show, I'll be there at 1pm!

Wahoo!

6x6 acrylic on wood
$100
click HERE to love those eyes!

1 comment:

Michele said...

The cat paintings make me want to get another cat!

Sorry to miss the painting party; I got stuck on horrid vegetation of that house and couldn't paint again but finally picked up a brush and moved on today and went backward to lesson 2. I was at the Groveland today (must have missed you!) and read in the gallery book on the bench that Mike Lynch didn't like painting vegetation but in the evenings/nights, he could paint trees as shadows and shapes and not have to do leaves.

love the kitties!