Thursday, March 29, 2018

March 29, Beatrix Manx for Mina

SO this is a tricky one, and I'm not sure it's done, but it was fun to do!  My friend Mina sent this to me because it reminds her of a Beatrix Potter illustration!  I tried fitting it onto a 6x6 but no dice, so I've put it on an 8x10 because now I got it all on~
Here's what Mina said~

"The cat sleeping in the kitchen window, the little old lady, and the wheel barrel are my favorite parts :) 
The composition reminds me of Beatrix potter. Like - Peter is the main item, while Mr. McGreggor is hoeing in the background. 
 I know it's tricky - you do what you must. She is a tailless manx, called Kitty. Thank you Darling!"

SO I'm thinking it worked~
Maybe...

8x10 acrylic on guerrilla board

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just delightful!

Unknown said...

I forgot to mention - the little old lady is my mom, age 87, working diligently while Kitty sleeps on her kitchen table ....
anyone who knows our kitchen, knows this view.... LOVE!!! Mina +++++