Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year!

Good morning! Yesterday I was thinking about reviewing my past year, going through my posts and commissions and seeing what I did and then thinking about applying that understanding to gain some new insights... but it was just so SUNNY and COLD and the boys wanted to go SLEDDING so we bundled up and I stood at the top of the snow hill and watched them slide down and come back up and slide down and come back up, over and over again- as my thighs slowly crystalized and my cheeks burned, until they'd nearly had enough and I insisted we go back and have grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup...

And if you need to make a resolution, I've just announced this Winter's Painting Lessons that start on Saturday, January 13th from 9:30 to noon, for six weeks! Click here to sign up- class size is limited!

Oh, and I'm also doing a painting demo at Wet Paint next weekend, Sunday January 7th from 2-4 if you'd like to come by and watch me create my magic!

SO my main resolution this year is to post everyday, and to really find out whether this blog has any depth to it, or if it is simply a vehicle for me to be consistent with my art~  or another entity entirely~
Here is a commission I was rather pleased with! Zoe on the dock~ I actually painted it the wrong way first (ask me later) and Maxie noticed the head shape was off, so I gessoed the entire piece black again and started over, and I am so happy with this version~ the dock looks like wood, her fur looks fluffy and English Setter-ish, and that tongue which looked so huge in the photo, now fits her lovely face~
Yay!

12x16 acrylic on archival panel, spoken for!

No comments: