Monday, November 20, 2017

Nov 20, Kendra's Family Vacation Home!

Yes, this was actually really really fun to paint, and makes me think I oughta be asking my friends and relatives who live in warmer climes for photos of THEIR houses.  Its just SO fun to paint palm trees! And I love mixing blues for that swimming pool too- and the sweet curve along the edge of it... and the red flowering bushes....  I love the negative spaces in the palm leaves, and the dark cool shadows with such bright sun...
Not that I don't love Minnesota!  But I'm so glad Kendra sent this to me!
Here's Kendra's note to me~
Hi, Kat!
First of all, I have to say that I think your first painting is fantastic!  Your email certainly conveys your frustration, but keep up the good work!  It also got me thinking about vacation homes, so I'm sending this one along too, in case you need any more for your November project...It's the house we stay at in the Bahamas and the owners have ended up becoming great friends of ours.  It holds a happy little place in our hearts and might be enough of a different type of environment for you to paint due to all the sunshine and palm trees :) 
Happy painting, Kat! :)
Happily,
Kendra

8x10 acrylic on cradled wood

No comments: