Monday, October 9, 2017

Pics from The Weekend Before LAST!

Sorry!  I've had the last couple weeks chock full of really great fun things and thought I'd better pop in a note today from two weekends ago!
My sister Beaner drove up with me to Grand Marais on Friday, September 29, so I could get to Sivertson Gallery for my Artist Talk and Painting Demo on Sat September 30th!  We had a great eve at Neil Sherman's House on Friday-  It was the Art Around the Lake art crawl, and Neil had his paintings hung on the outside of his house, and a lovely campfire going-
Neil Sherman- "6 Below on the Tombolo"

And the next day we ran around!  I had a massage and we ate at the Angry Trout (YUM!!!!) and I made it to Sivertson's for my talk and demo and we had a lovely collection of people watching and helping me out by asking great questions, and I completed two paintings and sold the second one right off the easel!  Ya gotta love it when that happens!  And I sold another two paintings off the wall of the gallery too!  And I now have PRINTS of my work!
A couple pics from the talk~
Me looking at the work, up on the wall!  Wahoo!

Setting up for the first painting- it is harder to talk and paint than you might think...


The painting in progress...

The Second Otter~  SOLD!


And a selfie with the happy family who bought this! Eric Martin and Steve are the greatest kids!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Woo hoo! It looks like it was a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Hi Kat, I enjoyed this post. The otter paintings are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Hi Kat, I enjoyed this post. The otters are beautiful!