Thursday, October 19, 2017

Painting "Aspen Sky"

Here's another painting from our weekend at Dave Gilsviks' place~ I needed a break from trying to figure out water, and decided to give painting on white a shot.  So to me, this one looks really feeble and without as much power as the black ground gives my work. It is so interesting...
And a photo of my knees as I lay back to view my angle of this tree-  I am not sure I really managed the darks and lights as well as I'd liked to.  Ah well, I'd rather try again than keep messing with this one!

Oh and DO please send my photos of your house or cabin or favorite Airbnb!  I want to paint houses and buildings for HOME-vember!  We'll see how it goes~  more info on that here!
 16x20 acrylic, $640 
click here to hang this on your well~
And below, you can see the trees towards the upper right of the photo~ I had to sit on the ground to paint this, though I'm not sure I quite  got it from the right perspective....

No comments: