Tuesday, October 3, 2017

October 3, One Paw Stroke

Okay, yes, I DID say I wanted to paint an otter a day for the month of October, and I do apologize for getting off to such a slow start.  I DID have an awesome weekend up in Grand Marais with my sister, wandering around town and visiting other artists and lovely people we know- it is so much a Northern Exposure kinda feeling for me.  Really-  and my art talk was so much fun on Saturday too!  And I sold one of the demo paintings right off the easel to a lovely family who were so much fun to talk to and paint for!  I am just so pleased with the Sivertson Gallery and all the staff there who took care of me, and Jan who gave us a tour of the print shop out back.  I now have PRINTS available of my work!  I'll get some made and have them for the Seward Winter Frolic in December for sure!  SUPER excited about these- they are giclee prints, which means they are created with archival inks on archival paper, and they are numbered in a limited edition, so while they aren't as valuable as the original, they are more valuable than a simple print of my work.

Yay!
And I DID paint this one just now-  I'm thinking I want some new brushes though- these kept raking open on me, making my strokes end up fussier and dabbier than I like~

Oh and I do still have just a couple spaces open in my Painting Lessons which start a week from Saturday!  These are always a fun way to pop your creativity up a notch, and I do try to have the classes be informative of some art history as well as in touch with current art events~  it's fun!

8x10 acrylic on wood, $160
click HERE to purchase this sweetly intent face!

No comments: