Wednesday, August 2, 2017

August 2, Star Sees the Distance!

SO I've been touching up the 30 Dogs and getting some of them into frames and making labels and all that, and prepping for the Powderhorn Art Fair this weekend (come see me if you are in Minnesota!) and I'll be hanging the dogs at Diamond's tomorrow afternoon~  come on by anytime to see them, and come for sure for the Opening Party on August 17th!

 I'm heading up to Tettegouche State Park today to collect my Otters and Bears from the Visitor Center Gallery there~ my friend Mina is coming along because we haven't had a chance to talk in a while and what a perfect opportunity~  we'll be coming back tonight because we both work tomorrow- I'm teaching another Pet Portrait class at Wet Paint~  and I hope to have something fun to tell you for sure tomorrow.... hee!

And as if that isn't enough cool stuff, my painting "Star Sees the Distance" was just accepted into the Minnesota State Fair!  Another WAHOO!  This piece was a bit difficult to paint~  those are my dad's hands holding his favorite dog, Star.  We still have Star, but my dad died suddenly a year and a half ago.  My mom recognized his hands immediately~  I am very happy that it gets to be at the State Fair.  There's a brick near the Grandstand that we kids dedicated to my parents a few years ago~  I'll be finding that brick when we go see the painting!

Thank you everyone, for following and supporting this wonderful life!  I am so grateful to be able to paint what I love!

No comments: