Monday, March 6, 2017

March 6th, Polly for Carrie!

This is Polly, an incredibly green-eyed cat!  The photo is a bit of an unusual composition, and I'm not sure I'm finished with the ear we can see yet...  but I am quite happy with those eyes!
Here is Carrie L.s story about Polly~

Polly was my baby.  She was my baby, and she was Simon's sister.  She loved the sun, laying on my lap, and being her own boss.  I adopted my fur babies, Polly and Simon, from the Humane Society when they were six weeks old and they were inseparable trouble makers until she died last October, 2016.  They knocked down countless Christmas trees, destroyed leather chairs as they raced through the house, chewed through bright colored ribbons and bows that I had carefully placed on holiday presents, and turned shower curtains to shreds; leap and slide, leap and slide, over and over. Although an indoor kitty, Polly loved the outdoors and in the summer she pawed my legs every morning, begging to be let out on the deck.  Once on the deck she raced down to the grass to explore.  At night she slept in my legs and each day I woke to little Polly kisses on my face. When she only weighed 4 pounds and could no longer jump to the couch or bed, Simon stayed by her side wherever she laid. Not a day goes by that I don't miss my Polly.


8x8 acrylic on wood, $175 SOLD

No comments: