Tuesday, July 5, 2016

July 5, "Tippy!"

Wahoo!  A lovely perky face, with a great story!

This all started 3 years ago when I found a scared, dirty, little white dog in my yard. I really wanted to keep her, but I had an old, sickly cat who hated dogs. So my brother-in-law took in the white dog and named her Pippi. They live next door to me, so this was almost as good as keeping her myself. I grew to love her and, after the cat died, I really wanted my own dog. 

My husband and I got Tippy from Ruff Start Rescue in January 2016.  He had worms and had not been neutered yet, but that's all we know about his early years. He was adopted by an elderly lady who returned him after 6 months for marking & barking. We adopted him anyway, he was just so darn cute! And with the name Tippy (Tippy and Pippi, get it?) I thought the universe was trying to tell me something.

Tippy is a great friend to us. He is spirited and opinionated yet sweet and affectionate. He "talks", a sort of whining vocalization that usually ends in a bark. He has a bark for all occasions- happy, excited, scared, annoyed - and he's not afraid to use any of them! He loves walks, treats, and butt rubs. He hates flies, bicycles, and being brushed. He's become good friends with Pippi and enjoys chasing her around the yard. 

We are thrilled to be getting this painting to mark the beginning of our journey with Tippy. We look forward to many entertaining years with him!


10x10 acrylic on wood, sold!

No comments: