Monday, March 7, 2016

March 7, Greybird!

Yay!  Wow, this was a late one!  I usually try to get all these done earlier in the day, but things have gotten a bit nutty around here... ack!
SO here is my first bird!  I'm SO happy with that face!  You can just see him smiling!
And here is what Bethany says about her feathered friend...

My father purchased Greybird and his mate, Yuletide, for my sister and I when we were kids. As you can see, we were much more imaginative with her name than with his. But despite his unassuming name, Greybird was no ordinary bird. He was a remarkable friend who delighted in the company of his human companions and exuded a social intelligence far beyond what many gave him credit for. He lived for 20 long years and will always be remembered as an intelligent, charismatic and resilient bird who loved to eat noodles and shred paper.


6x6 acrylic on panel, $100 sold~

No comments: