Sunday, March 6, 2016

March 6, Ben the Barn Cat!

We spent the last two evenings staying up much later than our usual 9:30-10 bedtime (Fri we went to Ladysmith Black Mambazo at Orchestra Hall, and last night was a party for Duane's birthday!) so it was lovely to get up kinda slowly (for us, 7:30am) and get to painting this sweet faced barn kitty!  I am enjoying those mixes of colors to make white~
And here is what Connie wrote about this lovely!

Ben is 12 years old. She lives in our barn. She never ventures out. When she was born she reminded me of my blonde haired( white) cute nephew Ben. I called up Ben and asked him if I could name the cat after him because it was so adorable and looked like him. He said sure!! We found out Ben was a girl but did not change her name!


8x8 acrylic on wood, $175 sold!

3 comments:

Connie said...

Great job painting Ben !!!!

morenb said...

Ben the cat is adorable! What a great piece!

Connie said...

Love this painting of my Ben !