Wednesday, January 27, 2016

January 27, Six and Plotting...

People are a tricky subject for me, but I want to be better at them, especially this guy~  I love the pixie-ish aspect of his ears, which look slightly pointed to me, and his hair all askew-  he was helping grandma put away the small forest of christmas trees by first making them into a hiding place for himself...

Yes, this has been a tough time, and we're at past two months since dad died, and sometimes I feel like I should be back to normal and then I get gobsmacked, side-swiped, cocked off center by that huge dad-shaped hole and oops there I go again.

We got a letter yesterday from our great friends in England, Jonny and Gil, expressing sympathy and more, and it threw me to tears, and some of those were of joy because I love seeing those two people (Jonny is like Duane's long-lost taller-balder artistic brother) and when we were there in 2013 I spent a lot of time with Max while those three did puppeteering stuff, and so I painted a lot of Maxie portraits, so this one is sorta in honor of those and that time, and hoping we can have more of those times~  the glory of time spent with friends!


6x6 acrylic on panel, $75 click here to purchase~

No comments: