Tuesday, September 15, 2015

September 15, "Otter Drift"

I really enjoyed painting this one... I think when you don't have the details of a face and whiskers, then the painting tends a bit more towards general abstraction.  I went to Artistry on Sunday with a friend to check out the art, and greatly enjoyed looking at Teri Bloch's paintings on exhibition there.  Her works are figurative but upon viewing I was getting more caught up in the glimpses of color and the compositional choices because the figure was secondary.  Really great stuff if you get the chance!
SO with this little guy, I loved the negative space and the reflected light underneath, and that one extended front paw...
SO for the giveaway tomorrow, I'll give away the Bingo painting and two others that I'll show tomorrow and I'll pick three people and the first gets to pick first, the second next and the 3rd last.  How's that sound?
SO this one is for sale!

6x6 acrylic on panel, $75 click HERE to purchase!

No comments: